Thursday, May 20, 2010

Universe

I've been forlorn. Lost sometimes. Left alone with my heart shattered. Large holes in wooly sooks I wear; itchy on hot July days. I've done things to make myself better. Read books. Lost weight. Eaten apples from fresh trees. I've done things to make the world better too. Fought injustice with righteousness. Returned overdue library books on cold winter days. Read stories to orphan children. Seduced mothers into silken beds. But lately I've been forlorn. In this universe I am lost sometimes. My life a mystery, unfolding in ways that it never should.

2 comments:

Fisheye Lens said...

SC -- listen to The Universe! by Do Make Say Think. It'll make you realize that, in the chaos, there is order. Bend in the breeze, don't fight all the time. The universe knows what its doing. The alternative is too depressing to consider, even for a Skeptic like me.

Anonymous said...

perhaps neither,
what about a third option?

beyond thought

hp