Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Jester
When I stand up to twilight
When the last of the light surrenders to darkness
I feel I should of lived in another life

Like a futile old man, who can't turn back the clock
I am hopelessly worn out from love

Oh, should have I given myself to what's above?
A blood red moon likes to taunt this dying man
Star's like white, guiding lights burn out in the night

All my life I could hardly see
My eyes are fine
But, all my life I could hardly see

My heart is wounded,
From the things I've done
From the life I should of lived

Turn back the clock, old man!
I hear the laughter in the joking wind

Oh, blood red moon, I've been a dying man
White light guiding me to its laughter

When the twilight surrenders to darkness
I hide from the sky above

But in my dreams, I see a jester's grin
In return, I laugh too, that's how I sleep at night

2 comments:

Brother Ollie said...

love it

keep writing these trickster poems SC

Human Paradox said...

These are the golden words I've come to expect from the quiet legend of SC.