Friday, November 18, 2022

The Blows
I lay alone in bed. It's late, the night's grown old.
I can't settle down
It's the restless time between sleep and fear,
My woman left me
It's cold, the hotel window is open;
it wont close, wont quite touch the sill
The curtains carry with each breeze
A radiator steams, but barely keeps me warm
My women left me and I hear the street noise
Sounds hurry in the cold,
Men fight on the sidewalk below
I can't see, wont get out of bed
But I hear the blows
My woman left me,
I can afford more, but I searched this bad part of town
Found a heart broken inn, with long stairs and lonely blankets 
She said she can't take my moods,
My controlling ways,
She found another man,
I've come home wounded to this bad part of town,
I left for awhile, thought I'd never see the street again
Everyone's gone
But I should have known, women leave me, and the night always grows old,
The morning heals,
but the night always grows old,
And some windows never close, never in the cold



 
 

No comments: