Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Under a Mournful Moon 
When I feel a midnight melancholy I put on rough out boots and walk under a night sky. It is late in my time. The years between you and me have left us faraway. I walk alone along a strolling verse of loss. My grieving thoughts spin slowly under stars held in distant homage to friends who have died. Oh, yellow moon...you hang against the night sky...I walk under your silent gaze. Who have you seen wrapped in white linen and buried under black earth? I ask you futilely, and sing to you forlornly.  Then in the suddenness of life as is in death, the melancholy is gone. When the morn's first light passes my eyes... When I see the fresh dew on the grass and hear nature's young voices... I am friends anew with this hopeful earth. I revere you moon, in all your silence and light. It is to you I will go in final rest.

In memory of friends:

Ian,
Mike,
Wallace




 

1 comment:

Brother Ollie said...

Greif is only love that has no place to go.

Peace to you.