Monday, July 6, 2020

Pearly
It was at dusk,
I stood on a dock and looked at the stillness of a Cold Canadian lake,
I breathed like autumn leaves,
Breaths of gold..and brown...red like a distant Harvest Moon
When a late mist crossed the water I thought I saw my soul
Fallen leaves floated passed the dock
They spelled my childhood name in brown and gold, the water a near red
My wool coat kept me warm, but I knew when the night falls, the cold would be too great
By morning the lake could freeze and the leaves could be frozen in ice,
My misty soul could skate away to be free,
I returned to the cottage. I listened to the warm laughter of old logs,
The space in between let in a cool air against the pearly fireplace
I heard the whisper of my dreams
I fell asleep to the breath of autumn leaves
I awoke to Harvest a misty morning soul...on the ice of a Canadian lake

No comments: