Sunday, March 22, 2009

Food

There is a neighbour of mine who likes exotic foods of nearly all types. Last night he came to my door with a teaspoon of what appeared to be three green berries.

"Tortelli," he says. "Try these. See if you like them."

I ate the berries and never before had an experience of such pleasurable sublimity.

"Wow," I exclaimed. "Where did you get those?"

"My alien friends smuggled them into the planet."

I went to my neighbour's home and saw that his guests were clearly aliens. Green and slimy skinned they stood in seer sucker suits and intergalactic Ray Bans. But their generosity and friendliness came easily and the berries they brought induced ambrosia even more than earthly mangoes and tree ripe bananas. At the risk of showing some terrestrial prejudice, I could have done with out their customary gaseous eruptions. But all in all they were civil and as it turned out real party animals late into the night.

No comments: