Friday, November 18, 2011

Gone
I hate to go,
To say good-bye,
To shut the door gentle and never return
But I'm human, made of flesh and blood
Someday I'll go for good, just like you
It's written in Bibles; medical books, too
This unavoidable So Long
So I'll let in eternal rest and say Hello
Embrace what I love till I'm gone

Madness
You wear hats like a mad hatter and complain when people's eyes rest and linger upon your gestures of insanity. You say this is your right; that you can make a statement about who you are. Like a wild aunt I knew, you lay claim to your individuality any way you please, dangling those crazy sausage hats along your head. Yes, you can do this thing if you so choose. But in the end, I wouldn't want other people's eyes resting and lingering upon my narrow strips of saneness.

1 comment:

Brother Ollie said...

Like you once said...we need to get a book together.

Both poems are art.