Thursday, July 2, 2020

Remains
My old leather boots will always tell
The story of a dusty western night,
Under the dryness of desert stars, I walk into a ghostly saloon
A shroud of a crazy name made for me: Lady Apparition
A room empty of human hearts
The Last of drifting smoke floats along air
Fallen Cigarette ash covers a rough hue floor
My boot's worn rubber heels take me to the bar
I spin the top of a three leg stool,
Counterclockwise, it turns as an old album,
Like a warped vinyl with a warbling sound; beatified by a scratchy diamond ring
My face plays a one man wanderer on a dusty mirror
Lady Apparition, pour me a five dollar glass of  dry red wine
Instead she pours me a glass of five dollars of her time
She says all her life she chases after shame
Hollow, callus men who cruise and bruise her midnight soul
The drugs and heartache
Near death, the loneliness cries at a saint's fallen gate
I ask her name
She returns with a nameless smile
I said she's like a shiny link in a rusty chain
Lady Apparition disappears into clouds of smoke, ashes are her remains
I drink from the last glass of time
My old leather boots always tell
The end of the story of five dollar remains

No comments: