Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lines
There's a highway coursing through my veins
It drives me crazy on mad days, I ride too fast; out of control
The peace inside is the slowing down,
The stopping gentle in between broken lines
A valley in the night is where I'll hide
Along a soft shoulder I'll step aside

The Walk
I waited in a hospital waiting room
A wounded man walked by
He ambled with a cane, his overcoat was tattered, torn on the sleeves
There was no grimace in his face, nor pain in his eyes
He walked in pride, I supposed
I waited some more and went home, my watching people done for the day

The Dig
I put my back into my work
A shovel dug difficult into the frosty earth
Soon the winter will come, the boss says
The work will be done, the back will rest
The spring will warm my skin, my fresh hands will hurt again

13 comments:

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

wow, triple fun,
what a talent show..
keep writing, my friend.
love to see you shine.

Jingle said...

Glad to see you in.
Happy Tuesday!

Abigail Pearl Pope said...

Your prolificacy is inspiring!
I like all three, but the first is my favorite. The metaphor in "Lines" is perfect!

Juice Box said...

Beautiful as always, SB. I'll keep reading if you keep writing.

Wysteria said...

Loved your poems. Great talent...

Keep writing...)

Wysteria

flaubert said...

Wonderfully written poems.
Pamela

Anonymous said...

for the Think Tank theme I especially liked the wounded man in shabby clothes who "walked in pride"

Brother Ollie said...

Solid urban beauty - as always.

Eileen T O'Neill ..... said...

I enjoyed the bonus of three poems to read!
I particularly liked 'The Walk'. So real and sadly so accurate.

Best wishes,
Eileen

Anonymous said...

I would like to read more soon. BTW, rather good design your blog has, but don’t you think it should be changed from time to time?

Ella said...

Nice, my fav The Walk, Great Job~

ninotaziz said...

I am with Gospelwrietr.

I love the old man with the cane.

But seriously, thank you for the triple treat.

Carrie Van Horn said...

Three wonderful poems...:-)